Minutes of the 2016 AGM are now available for members to view here.
Registrations for the Immunology, Molecular Diagnostics and Pre-Analytical SIGs are now open. Register via the NZIMLS Events panel (to the right of your screen.)
- The NZIMLS - Annual Report and accounts are available for viewing. Please note, hard copies will not be posted to individual members, however some copies will be posted to Laboratory Managers.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is a Member organisation open to those practising the profession of Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. Its purpose is to provide continuing education, professional examinations and profession related communication to ensure high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Contact with international MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Waipuna Highbrook Conference Suites, Auckland 24 September 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 1 October 2016
Ernest Davis Lecture Theatre, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland 7 October 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 15 October 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 29 October 2016
Ibis Tainui Hamilton 29 October 2016
Whangarei Hospital, Whangarei 12 November 2016
Ascot Park Hotel, Invercargill 18 March 2017
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 19 - 21 May 2017
Rutherford Hotel, Nelson 22 - 25 August 2017
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to