Online registration is available for the Education Day (for candidates sitting the QMLT examinations & trainers).
Online registration is available for NZIMLS conference, North Island Seminar and Microbiology SIG Seminar.
- REMINDER - closing date for QMLT examination applications is 20 May 2016. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is a Member organisation open to those practising the profession of Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. Its purpose is to provide continuing education, professional examinations and profession related communication to ensure high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Contact with international MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 13 - 15 May 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 21 May 2016
The Dunedin Centre, Dunedin 18 June 2016
Conference Room, North Shore Hospital 2 July 2016
Energy Events Centre, Queens Drive, Rotorua 16 - 19 August 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 1 October 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 15 October 2016
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 29 October 2016
Whangarei Hospital, Whangarei 12 November 2016
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to