- Check out the list of Māori Words and Phrases for Scientists
and Technicians and Guide to Basic Pronunciation of Māori Words that has been added to our Resources.The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2019.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also bee updated. More information is available here.
- Get involved with your SIG via the Forum discussion pages! Enter the discussions here
- Registrations for all SIGs listed under Upcoming NZIMLS Events are now open! Follow the links to registration pages.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
CEC, Auckland City Hospital 18 - 19 October 2019
Napier Conference Centre, Napier 19 October 2019
The University of Auckland 25 October 2019
Clinical Education Centre, Auckland City Hospital 9 November 2019
Commodore Hotel, Christchruch 9 November 2019
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to