NZIMLS Council and Executive Office would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the Muslim Community, and our thoughts go out to any of our members who may have been affected by the terrible events that took place in Christchurch on Friday.
After discussion with the organisers of the South Island Seminar, and the NZ Police, NZIMLS have made the decision to continue with the South Island Seminar this coming weekend.
- Registration is now available for the 30th NICE weekend. Registrations close on 31 March so register now to avoid missing out!
- REMINDER: The November 2018 Journal questionnaire closes on Friday 15th March.
- QMLT Certificates will be signed during the Council meeting 21 - 22 March and will be posted to successful candidates the following week (provided we have received your signed logbook page and completion of hours form, via email).
The Pre-Analytical Special Interest Group seminar will be held in Auckland on 29 June. Call for presentations, seminar flyer and registration is available here.
- Middlemore Hospital Laboratory is holding a reunion for past and present staff on Saturday 4 May 2019. Registration and other information is available here.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Commodore Hotel, Christchurch 23 March 2019
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 17 - 19 May 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 29 June 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 17 August 2019
Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia 17 - 19 September 2019
Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel, 5 October 2019
CEC, Auckland City Hospital 18 - 19 October 2019
Henley Room, LabPlus, Auckland City Hospital 9 November 2019
Commodore Hotel, Christchruch 9 November 2019
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to