- NZIMLS is please to announce the winner of the 2018 Journal Prize. Congratulations to Leah Pringle for winning the $300 prize for her article "Methylene blue stained reticulocytes in a Giemsa film: a case study" published in the August issue.
Have you recently published a paper or presented at a scientific meeting? We are starting a regular column in the Journal showcasing scientific activities by our members. If you have recently had a paper published as author or co-author, or a presentation at a scientific meeting (other than NZIMLS meetings), we would like to hear from you. For published papers supply authors names, title of paper, journal name, year, volume number and pages. For scientific presentations supply authors names, title of presentation, conference name and location, and date of conference. Send details to the Editor, Rob Siebers at email@example.com
- QMLT Examination results will be available to candidates mid December. A letter with your results will be emailed to you, so please ensure your email address with us is up to date.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Commodore Hotel, Christchurch 23 March 2019
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 17 - 19 May 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 29 June 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 17 August 2019
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to