- EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Biochemistry SIG Convenor
We are seeking expressions of interest from members for the role of Biochemistry SIG Convenor. Please register your interest with the Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org stating what your specific experience and interest in your speciality is, together with up to six key words. You do not necessarily have to have experience as a Convenor, as comprehensive instructions will be given as well as support from Council and the Executive Office.
- Congratulations Andrew Wilson, from the Wellington Regional Genetics Laboratory, for winning the 2020 Journal Prize for his article "Validation of a pan-cancer targeted next generation sequencing panel in New Zealand. N Z J Med Lab Sci 2020; 74(3): 201-214
- The 2021 CPD programme for Scientists and Technicians is now available for download here. Please note the programme will not be live until 1 February 2021. Now is the time to get your 2020 points loaded before the close-off date of 31 January 2021!
- View Newshub's piece on the first Covid test carried out in NZ by a member of NZIMLS here
- Council has completed work on the Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2022. You may download the document here.
- COVID-19 resources previously on this page may now be found here.
Apply for prestigious NZIMLS Awards below:
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2020.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also been updated. More information is available here.
NZIMLS EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm