- ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CHANGES TO CPD:
Please be advised that the Medical Sciences Council have advised they are deferring the proposed changes to CPD requirements, and have emailed a notice to all registered practitioners.
- Winners of the 2019 Journal prize are Keyleigh Hancock and Karen McKinley from SCL Invercargill for their article "Very long chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency. A case study". N Z J Med Lab Sci 2019; 73: 14-18. The article may be viewed here.
- The complete Journal index from 1946 to present, has now been updated and is available here.
- Council has completed work on the Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2022. You may download the document here.
Apply for prestigious NZIMLS Awards below:
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2020.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also been updated. More information is available here.
NZIMLS EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Sudima Hotel, Christchurch, 28 March 2020
Jet Park Airport Hotel, Hamilton, 9 May 2020
Wairakei Resort, Taupo, 22 - 24 May 2020
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 20 June 2020
ARA, Christchurch, 27 June 2020
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 11 - 14 August 2020
Jet Park Hamilton Airport Hotel, Hamilton, Friday 6 November 2020
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to