NOTE: The NZIMLS office will be closed this Friday, 15 November for Canterbury Anniversary Day.
- QMLT exams are now completed for this year. Please note, exam papers will be sent for marking, and candidates will be advised of their results around mid-December (once we have all the results available). Results will be emailed, so please ensure your email address is up to date.
- Check out the list of Māori Words and Phrases for Scientists
and Technicians and Guide to Basic Pronunciation of Māori Words that has been added to our Resources.The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2019.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also bee updated. More information is available here.
- Get involved with your SIG via the Forum discussion pages! Enter the discussions here
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations