Renewing your APC? CLICK HERE
Questions about Registration? CLICK HERE
Council has released the following statement for practitioners in relation to COVID-19:
NZIMLS COVID-19 Release (0.08MB)
- NOTICE OF ERROR: We have been advised of an error in the printed version of the NZJMLS November 2019 Journal Questionnaire. The answer to question 7 should read:
"Physical activity, obesity, excessive alcohol consumption and unhealthy diet have all been identified as important modifiable metabolic syndrome risk factors"
We apologise for any inconvenience.
- The NZIMLS Council hereby calls for expression of interest from NZIMLS members to succeed Rob Siebers as Editor of the New Zealand Journal of Medical Laboratory Science. Rob has been Editor since 1994 and it is timely to begin succession planning for this position. NZJMLS Editor Expression of Interest.pdf (0.07MB)
- ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CHANGES TO CPD:
Please be advised that the Medical Sciences Council have advised they are deferring the proposed changes to CPD requirements, and have emailed a notice to all registered practitioners.
- Council has completed work on the Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2022. You may download the document here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The NZIMLS regrets to advise that, due to the COVID-19 virus, the following events have been cancelled:
South Island Seminar
North Island Seminar
Molecular Diagnostics Seminar
If you have already registered and paid for any of the above events, please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a refund. (Credit card payments will automatically be refunded.)
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check here regularly for notification of possible cancellation of other events.
Apply for prestigious NZIMLS Awards below:
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2020.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also been updated. More information is available here.
NZIMLS EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
CANCELLED - Jet Park Airport Hotel, Hamilton, 9 May 2020
CANCELLED - Wairakei Resort, Taupo, 22 - 24 May 2020
CANCELLED - Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 20 June 2020
CANCELLED - Manawa Building, Christchurch Hospital, 26 June 2020
CANCELLED - ARA, Christchurch, 27 June 2020
CANCELLED Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 11 - 14 August 2020
Copthorne Oriental Bay Hotel, Wellington, 3 October 2020
Tauranga Club, Tauranga, 10 October 2020
Manawa Building, Christchurch Hospital, 17 October 2020
Jet Park Hamilton Airport Hotel, Hamilton, Friday 6 November 2020
CANCELLED - Sudima Hotel, Christchurch, 28 March 2020
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to