- The NZIMLS Executive Office Christmas shutdown period is from 23 December 2016, re-opening Monday 23 January 2017. Any CPD queries during this time may be directed to the CPD Coordinator.
Please note: You must have your CPD points entered onto our website before 31 January 2017. After this date there will be a fee charged for us to enter them for you.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Ascot Park Hotel, Invercargill 25 March 2017
Copthorne Hotel, Bay of Islands, Saturday 6 May 2017 6 May 2017
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 19 - 21 May 2017
Clincial School, Tauranga Hospital, Tauranga 10 June 2017
Rutherford Hotel, Nelson 22 - 25 August 2017
Copthorne Hotel, Queenstown 21 October 2017
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to