Congratulations to Noah Sibanda from Middlemore Hospital, the 2016 winner of the NZIMLS Journal Prize for his article “Helicobacter pylori infection and the platelet count”, N Z J Med Lab Sci 2016; 70 (3): 96-100.
- Online registration for the South Island Seminar, North Island Seminar and NICE Weekend are available by clicking into the event on the right hand side of this page.
- New "Just the Job" videos have been added to our site. You can watch them here.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Ascot Park Hotel, Invercargill, 25 March 2017
Copthorne Hotel, Bay of Islands, 6 May 2017
Wairakei Resort, Taupo, 19 - 21 May 2017
Clincial School, Tauranga Hospital, Tauranga, 10 June 2017
Yacht & Power Board Club, Tauranga, 1 July 2017
Rutherford Hotel, Nelson, 22 - 25 August 2017
Copthorne Hotel, Queenstown, 21 October 2017
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to