- On Tuesday 1 December 2015, information and nomination forms posted to
Region 3 and Region 4 members for a by-election in these two regions.
- Please note the change
of date for the South Island Seminar. This seminar will now be held on Saturday 19 March at Ashburton.
- QMLT and QSST candidates please note: Examination
results should be with candidates mid-December.
- Applications close for the
Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship on 20 December 2015.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is a Member organisation open to those practising the profession of Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. Its purpose is to provide continuing education, professional examinations and profession related communication to ensure high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Qualified Specimen Services Technician (QSST)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Registration Board level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Contact with international MLS organisations