QMLT examination results have been emailed to all candidates. Congratulations to those who were successful in their exam. Results letters may be downloaded here.
- Council has completed work on the Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2022. You may download the document here.
- The complete Journal index from 1946 to present, has now been updated and is available here.
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Wairakei Resort, Taupo, 22 - 24 May 2020
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 20 June 2020
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 11 - 14 August 2020
Jet Park Hamilton Airport Hotel, Hamilton, Friday 6 November 2020
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to