Fran, Sharon and Jillian are attending the South Pacific Congress (17-20 September) and will only be contactable by email. We will endeavor to answer your queries as soon as we are able.
- The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2019.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also bee updated. More information is available here.
- Have you had a recent publication? We want to highlight members' contributions to the international literature in the Journal's 'Publications by NZIMLS Members' column. Send details to the Editor at email@example.com
- The NZIMLS Annual Report and Financial Statements for the Year Ending 31 March 2019 have been emailed to all members. You may view these documents here.
- The August edition of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science is now available for download.
- Registrations for all SIGs listed under Upcoming NZIMLS Events are now open! Follow the links to registration pages.
- Get involved with your SIG via the Forum discussion pages! Enter the discussions here.
- "The Auckland Hospital 'Central' Laboratory 1897-1950. A book by John Buchanan, FRACP FRCPA. Order your copy here.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia 17 - 19 September 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 5 October 2019
Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel, 5 October 2019
CEC, Auckland City Hospital 18 - 19 October 2019
Napier Conference Centre, Napier 19 October 2019
The University of Auckland 25 October 2019
Clinical Education Centre, Auckland City Hospital 9 November 2019
Commodore Hotel, Christchruch 9 November 2019
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to