- The office is now open again after the Christmas / New Year break. We hope 2018 will be a good year for you all.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)©
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Otago Museum, Dunedin 17 March 2018
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 25 - 27 May 2018
Air Force Museum, Christchurch 21 - 24 August 2018
Wellington (venue to be advised) 3 November 2018
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to