- Draft Conference programme, highlights, speakers and all conference informatiion is available here.
- Conference registration available here.
- Registration and programmes are available for the Microbiology SIG and Biochemistry SIG seminars by clicking on the event in the "Upcoming NZIMLS Events" section on the right side of this page.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Clinical School, Tauranga Hospital, Tauranga, 10 June 2017
Tauranga Yacht & Power Board Club, Tauranga, 1 July 2017
Rutherford Hotel, Nelson, 22 - 25 August 2017
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland, 7 October 2017
Commodore Hotel, Christchurch, 13 October 2017
Sudima Hotel, Christchurch, 14 October 2017
Christchurch (venue to be advised) 28 October 2017
Copthorne Hotel, Queenstown, 28 October 2017
Dunedin (venue to be advised) 11 November 2017
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to