In April, the Minister of Health announced major reforms that will be happening to the Health and Disability System in New Zealand. This document has been emailed to (subscribed) members, and we welcome your input/feedback.
WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE - Closing date extended to 30 June!
Scholarships are currently available through Women & Leadership New Zealand to support the development of women leaders across New Zealand’s sciences sector.
Scholarships of between $1000 and $5000 will support participation in one of three leadership development courses designed for emerging through to senior leaders.
Expressions of interest close on 30 June. Find out more and register your interest at https://www.womenandleadership.co.nz/scholarships.html
- New events have been added - check the dates and add to your diary.
Note: there will also be a North Island Pre-Analytical SIG Seminar held later in the year.
- Expressions of Interest: Point of Care Testing Special Interest Group Convenor.
We are looking for a convenor for this SIG. Please register your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for prestigious NZIMLS Awards below:
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2020.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also been updated. More information is available here.
NZIMLS EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Manawa Building, Christchurch Medical Precinct, Christchurch, 11 September 2021
ARA Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch, 18 September 2021
Tauranga Yacht and Power Boat Club, Tauranga, 16 October 2021
Manawa Building, Christchurch Medical Precinct, Christchurch, 30 October 2021
Palmerston North, 13 November 2021
North Shore Hospital Auditorium, 20 November 2021
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to