- QMLT Applications and Prerequisites are now available, and may be downloaded here. Click on these links for Practical Assessments (formerly Logbooks) and Curricula (formerly Syllabi)
- The April edition of the Journal of Medical Laboratory Science is now available here, and the Journal Questionnaire is now live.
The Pre-Analytical Special Interest Group seminar will be held in Auckland on 29 June. Seminar flyer and registration is available here.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 29 June 2019
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, Auckland 17 August 2019
Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia 17 - 19 September 2019
Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel, 5 October 2019
CEC, Auckland City Hospital 18 - 19 October 2019
Napier Conference Centre, Napier 19 October 2019
Henley Room, LabPlus, Auckland City Hospital 9 November 2019
Commodore Hotel, Christchruch 9 November 2019
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to