- Notice of our AGM has been emailed to all members. The AGM will be held in Christchurch on 20 August 2020 at 1pm. Please let us know if you are attending.
- COVID-19 resources previously on this page may now be found here.
- The NZIMLS Council hereby calls for expression of interest from NZIMLS members to succeed Rob Siebers as Editor of the New Zealand Journal of Medical Laboratory Science. Rob has been Editor since 1994 and it is timely to begin succession planning for this position. NZJMLS Editor Expression of Interest.pdf (0.07MB)
- Council has completed work on the Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2022. You may download the document here.
Apply for prestigious NZIMLS Awards below:
The NZIMLS Fellowship regulations and application form have been updated. Click here for more information.
- The Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship application form has been updated! Click here for more! Applications for this prestigious award close 20 December 2020.
- The NZIMLS Research Grant Application has also been updated. More information is available here.
NZIMLS EXECUTIVE OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
24 July - 31 December 2020
Virtual Meeting 10 October 2020
Manawa Building, Christchurch Hospital, 17 October 2020
Copthorne Oriental Bay Hotel, Wellington, (note date change) 31 October 2020
Virtual meeting 6 November 2020
North Shore Hospital Auditorium, Auckland 21 November 2020
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to