- Friday 16 November is Canterbury Anniversary Day, therefore the NZIMLS Office will be CLOSED for the day.
- QMLT Examination results will be available to candidates early December. A letter with your results will be emailed to you, so please ensure your email address with us is up to date.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations