- 2017 Exam results are now available.
You will receive an email with a link to your results letter. If you need any assistance downloading your letter, please contact the office.
Barrie Edwards & Rod Kennedy Scholarship
A reminder that the closing date for applications for the above scholarship is 20 December 2017.
Details for the scholarship are available at http://www.nzimls.org.nz/nzimls-awards and application is by letter. All correspondence should be addressed to: NZIMLS Executive Officer, PO Box 505, Rangiora 7440.
- Congratulations to Melanie Adriaansen from Waitemata Laboratories, who was the 2017 winner of the Journal prize for her article “Binary male-female laboratory reference ranges do not reflect reality for transgender individuals on sex-hormone therapy” that was published in the November 2017 issue.
- We are taking a break! The Office will close for the Christmas/holiday season on Friday 22 December, re-opening again Monday 8 January 2018.
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT)
- Fellowship (FNZIMLS)
- Competence & Professional Development programme (CPD)©
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Otago Museum, Dunedin 17 March 2018
Wairakei Resort, Taupo 25 - 27 May 2018
Airforce Museum, Christchurch 21 - 24 August 2018
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to