What's new? / He aha hou?
Cure Our Ovarian Cancer have asked for your thoughts as to how to improve access to testing in patients with symptoms that could be ovarian cancer. If you would like to help, please complete the survey available at
The Molecular Diagnostics SIG Seminar is now open for Registration. Register now!
The (Lower) North Island Seminar is now open for Registration. Register now!
Quick Links / Hono ā-rorohiko
Role of the NZIMLS
The NZIMLS is the professional body for practitioners employed in Medical Laboratory Science in New Zealand. The NZIMLS provides continuing education, professional examinations and communication to ensure the provision of high quality diagnostic laboratory services for the public of New Zealand.
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings
- Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- South Pacific Congress of MLS (SPC)
- Representation on University MLSc programme advisory committees
- Representation of the profession at Medical Sciences Council level
- Liaison with Government Departments, related agencies and other groups
- Liaison with other Registered Health Profession's organisations
- Publication of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Publication of "Council News"
- Discipline specific member forums
- Website www.nzimls.org.nz
- Other global MLS organisations
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Upcoming NZIMLS Events
Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, 4 September 2021
Manawa Building, Christchurch Medical Precinct, Christchurch, 11 September 2021
Manawa Building, Christchurch Medical Precinct, Christchurch, 17 September 2021
ARA Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch, 18 September 2021
Tauranga Yacht and Power Boat Club, Tauranga, 16 October 2021
Manawa Building, Christchurch Medical Precinct, Christchurch, 30 October 2021
Palmerston North, 13 November 2021
Dunedin Public Art Gallery, Dunedin, 13 November 2021
North Shore Hospital Auditorium, 20 November 2021
If you have an event that you would like listed,
please email the details to