Membership of your professional body is your first step toward your identity as both a health-care and a laboratory professional. Membership is open to those engaged in, training in or associated with the profession of Medical Laboratory Science. Those and/or related fields under the following categories:
|Member||Scientists registered with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ. (Includes 'Fellow' and 'Life' members.)|
|Associate||Any person(s) not eligible for any other class of membership. (Includes Laboratory Technicians and non-vocationally qualified persons associated with the profession.)|
|Student||Any person(s) currently enrolled in the third or fourth years of a BMLSc degree being taught at a NZ University.|
Membership of the NZIMLS provides the following benefits:
- A sense of professional belonging
- Preferential access to educational activities organised by the NZIMLS
- Discounted registration costs for attendance and/or participation in NZIMLS educational activities such as seminars, scientific meetings and workshops
- Opportunity to publish scientific work and communication(s) through the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Access to Fellowship, Medical Laboratory Technician and Specimen Services examinations
- All members receive issues of the NZ Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- Opportunity to participate in the promotion and administration of the profession at the NZIMLS Council or SIG level
- Discounted costs for the NZIMLS CPD programme
- Voting rights for elections to the Council of the NZIMLS (restrictions apply to some forms of membership).
NB: The NZIMLS Council considers all applications for membership at each of its quarterly meetings.
Apply for or renew your membership here.
Please ensure you complete all the necessary details on the forms.
Our preferred payment option is Direct Credit. NZIMLS Bank Details: Bank Deposit . (NB: If paying by Direct Credit, please reference your payment with your Surname.)
We also accept VISA and MasterCard, or you may request an invoice to be sent to you.
Points to Note:
- Membership of the NZIMLS commences on the 1st of January and finishes on the 31st December in the same year. All financial members of the NZIMLS are invoiced for subscription payments at the start of each year.
- We endeavour to process your application/renewal within three business days.